As required by POST, to be a private contractor for law enforcement agencies, C.I.S.I. is licensed with the California State Bureau of Security & Investigations Services Department of Consumer Affairs (PI-27061). The owner and lead investigator has completed all required POST related courses pertaining to background investigations and has extensive experience with all POST background forms and required reporting.
In 1992, the owner developed the first formal and validated Pre-Investigative Questionnaire (PIQ) used in California. Since that time, the PIQ has been adopted by many law enforcement agencies.
Although C.I.S.I. specializes in positions for law enforcement, our group also conducts pre-employment background investigations for Fire Departments, Park Rangers, Support Staff, and other governmental positions.
The scope of work will depend on each agency. The owner is available to consult and make recommendations.
Our police department background investigations will be in compliance with POST regulations 1953(e) and 1959(e) covering all required & mandated checks for peace officers and police dispatchers, titled: “Areas of Investigation”: For example, but not limited to:
· Citizenship verification and age requirement (Peace Officer applicant)
· Employment eligibility (proof to work in United States for Police Dispatchers)
· Education verification & history
· In-person background interviews with candidates
· Family & Reference Checks
· Secondary reference checks
· Employment Checks (Current & Past)
· Neighborhood Checks (Current & Past)
· Criminal history checks where applicant has lived, worked, attended school
· Review of driving history
· Review of credit history
· Review of military service
· Review of all legal matters (criminal and civil)
· Dissolution of marriage verification
· Discrepancy interviews
· Law enforcement agency checks (Agencies where applicant has applied)
· Public Record Searches & Social Media Checks
· Any other checks or follow-ups needed or requested by clients.
C.I.S.I is committed to meeting the individual needs of our clients by providing the highest quality of professional pre-employment investigative service in a timely manner.
Impartial, fair & ethical Investigations
Confidentially & safeguarding sensitive information
Owner & Lead Investigator
CA Lic 27061
It's about fact finding, trust, integrity and accountability.